This empirical study aims to identify and analyze the accumulated literacies and multilingual repertoires of three Karenni refugee families originally from the highlands of Burma but who had lived in refugee camps in Thailand before arriving in Phoenix, Arizona.
Download count: 0
- Education, Bilingual
- Kayah (Southeast Asian people)--Arizona--Phoenix--Language.
- Kayah (Southeast Asian people)
- Linguistic minorities--Arizona--Phoenix--Language.
- Linguistic minorities
- Language in families--Social aspects--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Language in families
- Literacy--Social aspects--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 309-325)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction