This action research study examines what common perceptions and constructs currently exist in educating adult immigrants in Arizona and considers how might the integration of citizen science with the current English curriculum promote higher order thinking and educational equity in this population. A citizen science project called the Mastodon Matrix Project was introduced to a Level 2 ELAA (English Language Acquisition for Adults) classroom and aligned with the Arizona Adult Standards for ELAA education.
Download count: 0
- Adult Education
- English as a Second Language
- science education
- Citizen Science
- cognitive justice
- critical ontology
- critical thinking
- English language instruction
- Immigrant and refugee education
- English language--Study and teaching--Arizona--Foreign speakers.
- English language
- Science--Study and teaching--Activity programs--Arizona.
- Science--Social aspects--Arizona.
- Adult students--Education--Arizona.
- Adult students
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 143-149)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies