Few would argue that teacher effectiveness is a key lever in education reform and improving the overall quality of public education, especially in poor and working class communities. To that end, the importance of supporting and developing beginning teachers is of utmost importance in education, thus requiring deep understandings of the process of learning to teach.
Download count: 0
- Teacher Education
- Education Policy
- Pedagogical content knowledge
- Sociocultural Theory
- Teacher Identity
- teacher learning
- Teach for America
- First year teachers--United States.
- Teachers--Training of--United States.
- Teacher orientation--United States.
- Professional socialization--United States.
- Professional socialization
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 243-252)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies