I present the results of studies from two historically separate fields of research: heat related illness and human thermal comfort adaptation. My research objectives were: (a) to analyze the relationships between climate and heat related morbidity in Phoenix, Arizona and Chicago, Illinois; (b) explore possible linkages of human thermal comfort adaptation to heat-related illness; and (c) show possible benefits of collaboration between the two fields of research.
Download count: 0
- Environmental health
- Climate Change
- heat-related Morbidity
- Human Thermal Comfort
- Heat--Physiological effect--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Heat--Physiological effect--Illinois--Chicago.
- Heat adaptation--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Heat adaptation
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 120-128)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Geological sciences