Historically, African American students have been underrepresented in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). If African American students continue to be underrepresented in STEM fields, they will not have access to valuable and high-paying sectors of the economy. Despite the number of African Americans in these fields being disproportionately low, there are still individuals that persist and complete science degrees.
Download count: 0
- African American Studies
- science education
- African American
- Arizona State University
- African American college students--Arizona--Tempe--Case studies.
- African American college students
- Science students--Arizona--Tempe--Case studies.
- Science students
- Minorities in science--Arizona--Tempe--Case studies.
- Minorities in science
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 146-158)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational administration and supervision