This descriptive qualitative case study explored undergraduate degree attainment by African American males in football and basketball at a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I institution in the Southwest. Semi-structured interviews were conducted with four participants at the institution to uncover experiences that helped or hindered their progress toward degree completion.
Download count: 0
- Educational Administration
- Educational evaluation
- Black Studies
- African American college athletes
- African American male college students
- College graduates, Black--United States.
- College graduates, Black
- Academic achievement--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (146-179)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Higher and postsecondary education