The purpose of this action research study was to determine the effectiveness of two online college success courses: CPD 150 (College Success, 3 credits) and CPD 115 (Success Strategies, 1 credit), at Rio Salado College, a Maricopa Community College in Arizona. The goal of these courses is to prepare students to be college-ready by examining college readiness and learning skills. The Motivated Strategies for Learning Questionnaire measured students' perceptions of their own college readiness in a pre-test/post-test format.
Download count: 0
- Community college education
- Education (Higher)
- Educational technology
- college success courses
- community college success courses
- first year experience courses
- online college success courses
- Community colleges--Curricula--United States.
- Community Colleges
- Web-based instruction--Curricula--United States.
- Web-based instruction
- College student orientation--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 110-122)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Higher and postsecondary education