The main objective of this project was to create a framework for holistic ideation and research about the technical issues involved in creating a holistic approach. Towards that goal, we explored different components of ideation (both logical and intuitive), characterized ideation states, and found new ideation blocks with strategies used to overcome them. One of the major contributions of this research is the method by which easy traversal between different ideation methods with different components were facilitated, to support both creativity and functional quality.
Download count: 0
- Mechanical Engineering
- Cognitive Psychology
- conceptual design
- design cognition
- holistic ideation
- Product Design
- New products--Computer-aided design.
- New products
- Technological innovations--Computer-aided design.
- Technological innovations
- Engineering design--Data processing.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 110-115)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Mechanical engineering