The purpose of this study was to analyze the impact of a context-based teaching approach (STS) versus a more traditional textbook approach on the attitudes and achievement of community college chemistry students. In studying attitudes toward chemistry within this study, I used a 30-item Likert scale in order to study the importance of chemistry in students' lives, the importance of chemistry, the difficulty of chemistry, interest in chemistry, and the usefulness of chemistry for their future career.
Download count: 0
- science education
- Chemistry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Community college students--Attitudes--Sex differences--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Community college students
- Academic achievement--Sex differences--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Academic Achievement
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical records (p. 117-125)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction (Science education)