This dissertation reports on an action research study that sought to discover how a new WiFi, tablet computing device, the Apple iPad, affected, enhanced, and impacted student engagement in an English Honors course at Scottsdale Community College. The researcher was also the instructor in the two semester, first-year, college composition sequence (English 101/102) in which all 18 students were provided the new Apple iPad tablet computing device.
Download count: 0
- Educational technology
- Educational leadership
- College Composition
- community college
- Mobile Learning
- mobile technology
- undergraduate education
- iPad (Computer)
- Mobile communication systems in education--Arizona--Scottsdale.
- Mobile communication systems in education
- English language--Rhetoric--Study and teaching (Higher)--Arizona--Scottsdale.
- English language
- Community college students--Arizona--Scottsdale--Attitudes.
- Community college students
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 79-84)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Higher and postsecondary education