ABSTRACT With projections indicating that by the year 2025, one of every four K-12 students in the United States will be Latino, addressing the needs of Latino students is an important question for educators. This study approached this question through an analysis of the educational life histories, stories, of successful first generation Mexican-American college graduates to understand some of the factors which helped them succeed in college.
Download count: 0
- General Education
- Multicultural education
- Education, Secondary
- First Generation
- First in Family
- Hispanic American college graduates--Southwest, New--Case studies.
- Hispanic American college graduates
- First-generation college students--Southwest, New--Case studies.
- First-generation college students
- Mexican American college students--Southwest, New--Case studies.
- Mexican American college students
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 152-162)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational administration and supervision