This dissertation seeks to theorize small state strategic culture with special reference to the attitude of the ASEAN states toward institutionalizing regional cooperative security architectures. The quantitative case studies show that in small states where historically rooted strategic preferences may be limited, material influences and situational considerations take precedence over ideational factors in the making of the state's strategic culture.
Download count: 0
- International relations
- cooperative security
- maritime security regimes
- States, Small
- Strategic culture
- Thai-Cambodia confrontation
- Asian cooperation
- Pacific Area cooperation
- National security--Southeast Asia.
- Security, International--Southeast Asia.
- Security, International
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 285-305)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Political science