"White flight" is a sociological phenomenon where White members depart urban neighborhoods or schools predominantly populated by minorities, and move to places like suburbs or commuter towns. A huge limitation in White flight research does not account for communities in rural America. The rural community of Garden City, Kansas, is of particular interest because of its shift in demographics over the years. Garden City has transformed dramatically with the arrival of immigrants to staff meatpacking plants and their children who attend the Garden City Public School District.
Download count: 0
- Social Sciences Education
- Education Policy
- Hispanic American Studies
- Social Justice
- White Flight
- Whites--Kansas--Garden City--Migrations.
- Hispanic Americans--Kansas--Garden City--Migrations.
- Hispanic Americans
- Demographic transition--Kansas--Garden City.
- Demographic transition
- Segregation in education--Kansas--Garden City.
- Segregation in education
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 61-65)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies