The United States is facing an emerging principal shortage. This study examines an intervention to deliver professional development for assistant principals on their way to becoming principals. The intervention intended to boost their sense of efficacy as if they were principals while creating a supportive community of professionals for ongoing professional learning. The community was designed much like a professional learning community (PLC) with the intent of developing into a community of practice (CoP).
Download count: 0
- Educational Administration
- Educational leadership
- assistant principal
- Community Of Practice
- professional learning
- Professional learning communities
- Communities of practice
- School principals--Training of.
- Assistant school principals--In-service training.
- Assistant school principals
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 63-67)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Leadership and innovation (Policy and administration)