This dissertation examines the performance of various federal departments on the success of their integration of personnel based on race and gender. It determines if there are variations in the success rate and explores the reasons for the variations based on the literature review and data analysis. The data used are federal employee data compiled by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Merit System Protection Board, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission through use of personnel surveys from 1979 through 2002 and annual reports.
Download count: 0
- Public Administration
- Affirmative Action
- Equal Employment
- Federal Agencies
- Federal Employees
- Affirmative action programs--United States.
- Women--Employment--United States.
- Minorities--Employment--United States.
- Includes vita
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 88-99)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Public administration