Following the implementation of federal immigration control measures in the 1990s, Arizona became the main point of entry for undocumented immigrants along the US border with Mexico in the early 2000s. Since then, reports have blamed human smuggling facilitators for the increase of undocumented immigration into the state and the apparent development of violent practices targeting the undocumented. However, little is known about the organization of the groups who work at facilitating the transit of undocumented immigrants along the US Mexico Border.
Download count: 0
- National Security
- US Mexico Border
- Human smuggling--Social aspects--Arizona.
- Human smuggling
- Immigration enforcement--Arizona.
- Immigration Enforcement
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 236-248)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Justice studies