In the time of Nazi Germany the systematic targeting of Jews for persecution and extermination was rampant. Although this was a dark time for the Jewish people in Europe, they did not simply stand idly by and let this happen to them. The Jewish people found a way to make a mockery of the situation that they wee in, as well as a way to poke fun at the people who persecuted them. The Jews used dark humor to mock the situations that they found themselves in. The interesting point here, though, is that they did not use all the aspects of dark humor that exist.
Download count: 0
- Germanic literature
- Holocaust Humor
- Jewish Humor
- Black humor
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Humor.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
- Holocaust victims--Europe--Psychology.
- Holocaust victims
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 64-65)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: German