The increased use of commercial complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) technologies in harsh radiation environments has resulted in a new approach to radiation effects mitigation. This approach utilizes simulation to support the design of integrated circuits (ICs) to meet targeted tolerance specifications. Modeling the deleterious impact of ionizing radiation on ICs fabricated in advanced CMOS technologies requires understanding and analyzing the basic mechanisms that result in buildup of radiation-induced defects in specific sensitive regions.
Download count: 0
- Electrical Engineering
- Metal oxide semiconductors, Complementary--Effect of radiation on--Mathematical models.
- Metal oxide semiconductors, Complementary
- Ionizing radiation--Dosage--Mathematical models.
- Ionizing Radiation
- Integrated circuits--Effect of radiation on--Mathematical models.
- Integrated circuits
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p
- Field of study: Electrical engineering