Sensing and controlling current flow is a fundamental requirement for many electronic systems, including power management (DC-DC converters and LDOs), battery chargers, electric vehicles, solenoid positioning, motor control, and power monitoring. Current Shunt Monitor (CSM) systems have various applications for precise current monitoring of those aforementioned applications. CSMs enable current measurement across an external sense resistor (RS) in series to current flow. Two different types of CSMs designed and characterized in this paper.
Download count: 0
- Electrical Engineering
- chopper stabilization
- current sensing
- instrumentation amp
- switching current filter
- Electronic apparatus and appliances--Power supply--Design and construction.
- Electronic apparatus and appliances
- Electric currents--Measurement.
- Electric currents
- Amplifiers (Electronics)--Design and construction.
- Amplifiers (Electronics)
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 86-90)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Electrical engineering