This research describes software based remote attestation schemes for obtaining the integrity of an executing user application and the Operating System (OS) text section of an untrusted client platform. A trusted external entity issues a challenge to the client platform. The challenge is executable code which the client must execute, and the code generates results which are sent to the external entity. These results provide the external entity an assurance as to whether the client application and the OS are in pristine condition.
Download count: 0
- Computer Science
- Integrity measurement
- linux device drivers
- Remote attestation
- virtual machine monitors
- Signal integrity (Electronics)
- Linux device drivers (Computer programs)
- Operating systems (Computers)
- Application program interfaces (Computer software)
- Virtual computer systems--Security measures.
- Virtual computer systems
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 71-75)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Computer science