Lead is a neurotoxin that has been shown to have a long and lasting impact on the brains, bodies, and behaviors of those who are poisoned. It also has a greater presence in communities with high levels of poverty and minority populations. Compounded over time, the effects of lead poisoning, even at low levels of exposure, impact a child's readiness and ability to learn. To investigate the relationship between the risk of lead poisoning, school level academic achievement, and community demographics, three sets of data were combined.
Download count: 0
- General Education
- Education Policy
- lead poison
- Lead poisoning in children--Arizona.
- Lead poisoning in children
- Academic achievement--Arizona.
- Academic Achievement
- Poor children--Education--Arizona.
- Poor children
- Children of minorities--Education--Arizona.
- Children of minorities
- Educational accountability--Arizona.
- Educational accountability
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 114-122)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational administration and supervision