More than 30% of college entrants are placed in remedial mathematics (RM). Given that an explicit relationship exists between students' high school mathematics and college success in science, technology, engineering, and mathematical (STEM) fields, it is important to understand RM students' characteristics in high school. Using the Education Longitudinal Survey 2002/2006 data, this study evaluated more than 130 variables for statistical and practical significance.
Download count: 0
- Education Policy
- Education (Higher)
- Mathematics--Study and teaching (Higher)--United States.
- Mathematics--Remedial teaching--United States.
- Prediction of scholastic success--United States.
- Prediction of scholastic success
- High school students--United States--Statistics.
- High School Students
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 76-88)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies