The United States prison population is rapidly rising. Consequently, more families are losing loved ones to the system. While many researchers have focused on women of incarcerated men and children of incarcerated parents, none have looked at the partners of incarcerated women. This paper explores the issues and challenges of prison visitation for the significant others of women incarcerated at Perryville Prison in Goodyear AZ. It is known that prison visitation is important for supporting and maintaining romantic relationships. It is also beneficial to the prison institution.
Download count: 0
- Social Research
- incarcerated women
- Prisoners' spouses
- prison policy
- Romantic Relationships
- Prison visits--Arizona--Goodyear--Case studies.
- Prison visits
- Women prisoners--Family relationships--Arizona--Goodyear--Case studies.
- Women prisoners
- Man-woman relationships--Arizona--Goodyear--Case studies.
- Man-woman relationships
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Field of study: Justice studies