This research work illustrates the use of software packages based on the concept of nu-merical analysis technique to evaluate the electric field and voltage distribution along composite insulators for system voltages ranging from 138 kV up to 1200 kV ac. A part of the calculations was made using the 3D software package, COULOMB 8.0, based on the concept of Boundary Element Method (BEM). The electric field was calculated under dry and wet conditions.
Download count: 0
- Electrical Engineering
- Electric insulators and insulation--Computer simulation.
- Electric insulators and insulation
- Composite materials--Computer simulation.
- Composite Materials
- Electric fields--Computer simulation.
- Electric Fields
- Boundary element methods--Computer simulation.
- Boundary element methods
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p
- Field of study: Electrical engineering