The World Economic Herald was a newspaper founded in April 1980 and was closed down by the Chinese government in May 1989 due to its dissident voice. The World Economic Herald was widely regarded as the most influential and important weekly newspaper in China in the 1980s. It became the leading publication pushing political as well as economic reform in China. This key publication in history has yet to receive much scholarly attention.
Download count: 0
- China Media Reform
- China Press
- The World Economic Herald
- Chinese newspapers--History--20th century.
- Chinese newspapers
- Government and the press--China.
- Government and the press
- Journalism--Political aspects--China.
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 92-93)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: History