Individual and group accountability is an important part of productive group work. However, classroom evaluation of teamwork often relies on top-down assessment of group product by the teacher. Other methods include averaging group grades, group discussions, evaluative essays and random selection and application of one member's grade to the entire team. In contrast, the Teamwork Skills Inventory (TSI) developed by Strom and Strom provides assessment of individual conduct and contributions as observed by peers.
Download count: 0
- Educational Psychology
- Educational leadership
- curriculum development
- Collaborative Learning
- Social Skills
- team evaluation
- Teamwork Skills Inventory
- Team learning approach in education
- Cooperation--Study and teaching.
- Social skills--Study and teaching.
- Students--Rating of.
- Students--Self-rating of.
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 64-70)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational psychology