Eating Smart: Getting the Most Amount of Food
Cravingz is a web-based application that allows users to learn the maximum number of food items that they can purchase at a restaurant within a defined personal budget. We created two versions of this web-based application and asked 40 users to perform an A/B test to determine which version provides the best user experience in terms of efficiency and performance. Users who participated in this study completed a set of tasks to test these applications. Our findings demonstrate that users prefer a web application that does not require them to input data repeatedly to view combinations for multiple restaurants. Although the version which required reentry of data was more visually-pleasing, users preferred the version in which inputting data was a one-time task.
- Pandarinath, Agastya (Co-author)
- Jain, Ayushi (Co-author)
- Atkinson, Robert (Thesis director)
- Chavez-Echeagaray, Maria Elena (Committee member)
- Computer Science and Engineering Program (Contributor)
- Barrett, The Honors College (Contributor)