Intelligent Input Parser for Organic Chemistry Reagent Questions
Due to its difficult nature, organic chemistry is receiving much research attention across the nation to develop more efficient and effective means to teach it. As part of that, Dr. Ian Gould at ASU is developing an online organic chemistry educational website that provides help to students, adapts to their responses, and collects data about their performance. This thesis creative project addresses the design and implementation of an input parser for organic chemistry reagent questions, to appear on his website. After students used the form to submit questions throughout the Spring 2013 semester in Dr. Gould's organic chemistry class, the data gathered from their usage was analyzed, and feedback was collected. The feedback obtained from students was positive, and suggested that the input parser accomplished the educational goals that it sought to meet.
- Beerman, Eric Christopher (Author)
- Gould, Ian (Thesis director)
- Wilkerson, Kelly (Committee member)
- Mosca, Vince (Committee member)
- Barrett, The Honors College (Contributor)
- Computer Science and Engineering Program (Contributor)