Iron City Magazine: Creative Expressions By and For the Incarcerated
Iron City Magazine is an online and print journal devoted entirely to writing and art from the prison world. It is our hope that through this creative platform, incarcerated artists and writers find value in their stories, fuel for personal growth, and pride in their accomplishments. Inmates are, first and foremost, people. They own stories worthy of telling and sharing. Iron City Magazine aims to highlight these stories in a way more permanent than a private journal. In addition, we serve to remind the general public that inmates can make meaningful contributions to their communities. So often, this potential is forgotten or overshadowed by their crimes. By validating inmates' humanity through writing and art, we encourage a culture of understanding and transformation.
- Volin, Natalie Esther (Author)
- Wells, Cornelia (Thesis director)
- Berry, Shavawn (Committee member)
- College of Letters and Sciences (Contributor)
- School of International Letters and Cultures (Contributor)
- Barrett, The Honors College (Contributor)