A 21st Century Broadcast Student's Guide to Web Basics: Preparing to be a Multimedia Journalist
This project aims to aggregate recent information on broadcast journalism curriculum and propose a website design to help educate broadcast students about the most-needed web skills in newsrooms. Television reporters must go beyond re-hashing their broadcast package and script on the station's website, and this includes knowledge of the best site design practices to house more in-depth content. The Grady Undergraduate Survey, as well as the opinions and experience of professionals today, show that web design and web writing skills are two of the most important skills a broadcast student can possess as they prepare to graduate and seek jobs.
- Porter, Caroline (Author)
- Lodato, Mark (Thesis director)
- Carpenter, Serena (Committee member)
- Barrett, The Honors College (Contributor)
- Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication (Contributor)