Human endeavors move 7x more volume of earth than the world’s rivers accelerating the removal of Earth’s soil surface. Measuring anthropogenic acceleration of soil erosion requires knowledge of natural rates through the study of 10Be, but same-watershed comparisons between anthropogenically-accelerated and natural erosion rates do not exist for urbanizing watersheds.
Download count: 0
- Environmental sciences
- Desert climate
- Desert Geomorphology
- Erosion rate
- Sediment yield
- Soil erosion--Sonoran Desert.
- Soil erosion
- Urbanization--Environmental aspects--Sonoran Desert.
- Nature--Effect of human beings on--Sonoran Desert.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2019Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 153-178)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Geography