The purpose of this action research study was to measure the transactional distance of computer science students who participated in an online virtual community after completing a college preparation program. Using data and results generated from previous cycles of research I developed and moderated an online virtual community designed to lessen transactional distance using a sequential exploratory mixed-methods research design. This study addressed the following research questions:
Download count: 0
- Education (Higher)
- Online Learning
- Sociocultural Theory
- transactional distance theory
- virtual community
- Distance education--Psychological aspects.
- Distance education
- Internet in higher education--Psychological aspects.
- Internet in higher education
- Extranets (Computer networks)--Psychological aspects.
- Extranets (Computer networks)
- Partial requirement for: Ed.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 66-70)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies