Closing the achievement gap between low-income, marginalized, racially, and linguistically diverse students has proven difficult. Research has outlined the effects of funding on student achievement in a manner that focuses the attention on dollars expended, in order overcome barriers to learning. Arizona has long been recognized for its education funding disparity, and its inability to balance fiscal capacity in a manner that serves to improve educational outcomes.
Download count: 0
- Education finance
- Education Policy
- Critical Education
- Educational Policy
- English Language Learners
- School Finance
- Social Justice
- English language--Study and teaching--Arizona--Foreign speakers.
- English language
- Linguistic minorities--Education--Arizona.
- Linguistic minorities
- Education--Finance--Law and legislation--Arizona.
- Discrimination in education--Law and legislation--Arizona.
- Discrimination in education
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 107-132)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational policy and evaluation