In 2015, Germany was at the center of one of the largest displacements in history as upwards of a million refugees, many from Syria, fled to Germany. In my study, I was fortunate enough to spend three months living in Germany and interacting with Germans and refugees to hear their stories of positive intercultural interaction. Through the integration of Acculturation Theory (Berry, 1980), Cross-Cultural Adaptation Theory (Y.Y.
Download count: 0
- Peace Studies
- International relations
- Intercultural Competency
- Intercultural Transitions
- Migrant-Host Relationships
- Positive Intercultural Interactions
- Social Support
- Syrians--Germany--Emigration and immigration.
- Arabs--Cultural assimilation--Germany.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 109-131)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Communication