This dissertation is a study of place and the ways that place plays a role in the stories we tell about ourselves and the ways we interact with the world. It is also the study of a moment in time and how a moment can impact what came before and all that follows. By taking on the subject of 1920s anglophone modernism in France I explore the way this particular time and place drew upon the past and impacted the future of literary culture. Post World War I France serves as a fluid social, political, and cultural space and the moment is one of plural modernisms.
Download count: 0
- English Literature
- Literature, Modern
- American Literature
- Transnationalism in literature
- War in literature
- Setting (Literature)
- Modernism (Literature)--Influence.
- Modernism (Literature)
- Modernism (Literature)--English-speaking countries.
- World War, 1914-1918--France--Influence.
- World War, 1914-1918
- Literature, Modern--21st century.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 167-172)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: English