Increasing numbers of biomedical products have become eligible for over-the-counter sale in contemporary American consumer culture. What was once the realm of the clinical has moved into the realm of the domestic, with the consumer as the interpreter of health issues and communication. This dissertation examines the user experience with the marketing and design of packaging of home pregnancy tests. Studies indicate that more than one-third of women of reproductive age in the U.S.
Download count: 0
- technical communication
- Gender Studies
- pregnancy test
- User Experience
- Pregnancy--United States--Signs and diagnosis.
- Advertising--Women's health services--United States.
- Direct-to-consumer medical device advertising--United States.
- Direct-to-consumer medical device advertising
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 133-138)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: English