In order to examine the concept of Pueblo Indian epistemology and its relevance to western science, one must first come to some understanding about Pueblo Indian worldviews and related philosophies. This requires an analysis of the fundamental principles, perspectives, and practices that frame Pueblo values. Describing a Pueblo Indian worldview and compartmentalizing its philosophies according to western definitions of axiology, ontology, epistemology, and pedagogy is problematic because Pueblo ideas and values are very fluid and in dynamic relationship with one another.
Download count: 0
- Native American Studies
- Educational leadership
- Native American . .
- Pueblo Indians--Education--New Mexico--Santa Fe.
- Pueblo Indians
- Culturally relevant pedagogy--New Mexico--Santa Fe.
- Culturally relevant pedagogy
- Community and school--New Mexico--Santa Fe.
- Community and school
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 68-70)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Justice studies