This thesis examines why young Western Muslim women from the UK are drawn to join and support ISIS in its established territories in Syria and Iraq and identifies their role within these territories. The critical role of technology, specifically social media, in facilitating the recruitment, radicalization, and mobilization of young Muslim women online to join ISIS is also explored.
Download count: 0
- International relations
- Muslim identity
- Social Media
- Muslim women--Great Britain.
- Muslim women
- Internet and terrorism--Great Britain.
- Internet and terrorism
- Terrorism--Middle East.
- Terrorism--Religious aspects--Islam.
- Radicalization--Great Britain.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographic referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: International relations