This dissertation investigates the life and career of singer Celia Cruz and the cultural legacy she has left the Hispanic culture in the United States and the world. It explores the musical journey of the Queen of Salsa and analyzes the different genres and themes that she developed in her performances during the years of her dedication to the public professional career. Among the various topics, this work discusses the African influence on the music of Celia Cruz because she made her first step to fame with the music and lyrics from African religious traditions.
Download count: 0
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 198-208)Note typebibliography
- Includes discography (p. 209-210)Note typebibliography
- Includes filmography (p. 211)Note typebibliography
- Spanish and EnglishNote typelanguage
- Field of study: Spanish