The dissertation focuses on one Truku (Indigenous) village in eastern Taiwan and aims to understand the processes and possibilities of bottom-up language revitalization. In 2012, the National Geographic Genographic Legacy Fund supported the village to start a community-driven language revitalization initiative.
Download count: 0
- Land Use Planning
- Education Policy
- Indigenous language revitalization
- language and identity
- participatory action research
- sociocultural approaches to learning
- Truku (Taiwan people)--Taiwan--Language.
- Truku (Taiwan people)
- Seediq language--Taiwan.
- Seediq language
- Language and culture--Taiwan.
- Language and culture
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 185-201)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: English