Background: Childhood obesity is one of the most serious public health concerns in the United States and has been associated with low levels of physical activity. Schools are ideal physical activity promotion sites but school physical activity opportunities have decreased due the increased focus on academic performance.
Download count: 0
- Stylianou, Michalis (Author)
- Kulinna, Pamela H. (Thesis advisor)
- Van Der Mars, Hans (Committee member)
- Amazeen, Eric (Committee member)
- Adams, Marc (Committee member)
- Mahar, Matthew T. (Committee member)
- Arizona State University (Publisher)
The date the item was original created (prior to any relationship with the ASU Digital Repositories.)
- Physical Education
- Classroom Behavior
- Elementary School
- Physical fitness for children--United States.
- Physical fitness for children
- Exercise for children--United States.
- Exercise for children
- School children--Health and hygiene--United States.
- School children
- Attention in children--United States.
- Attention in children
- Cognition--Effect of exercise on--United States.
Collections this item is in
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Physical education
Citation and reuse
Statement of Responsibility
by Michalis Stylianou