Objective. Both the civic education literature and the political ambition literature leave a gap in addressing the impact of political science coursework on political ambition. I address this gap by specifying the relationships between civic education, political knowledge, and political ambition. Methods. I employ paired t tests, chi-square tests, and Fisher's exact probability tests on an original dataset of 174 paired pre- and post-test survey responses. My survey improves upon prior works in the ambition literature (Fox and Lawless 2013) by virtue of its field experiment design.
Download count: 0
- Political Science
- Women's Studies
- Civic Education
- Political Ambition
- Political Knowledge
- Women--Political activity--United States.
- Women political candidates--United States.
- Women political candidates
- Political science--Study and teaching--United States.
- Ambition--Political aspects--United States.
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 53-57)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Political science