Rabies disease remains enzootic among raccoons, skunks, foxes and bats in the United States. It is of primary concern for public-health agencies to control spatial spread of rabies in wildlife and its potential spillover infection of domestic animals and humans. Rabies is invariably fatal in wildlife if untreated, with a non-negligible incubation period.
Download count: 0
- Applied Mathematics
- Age-structured models
- Finite element method
- Infection age
- Rabies models
- Spatial spread
- Traveling wave
- Rabies--Mathematical models.
- Communicable diseases--Transmission--Mathematical models.
- Communicable diseases
- Zoonoses--Mathematical models.
- Wildlife diseases--Mathematical models.
- Wildlife diseases
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 133-139)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Mathematics