The passing of anti-immigrant legislation in the state of Arizona over the last decade has exacerbated an already oppressive system perpetuated by globalization and its byproducts, neoliberalism and neoconservativism. The social justice activist educators who live and work with the children and families most affected by these laws and policies must learn to navigate these controls if they hope to sustain their work.
Download count: 0
- Education Policy
- Teacher Education
- Activist Teachers
- Policy Impact on Teaching
- Social Justice Education
- Teachers--Training of--Arizona.
- Social justice--Study and teaching--Arizona.
- Social Justice
- Teachers--Political activity--Arizona.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 116-123)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies