In the past three decades alone, the United States has witnessed a dramatic rise in the prevalence of obesity and overweight in adults and children. Efforts towards obesity mitigation and prevention have produced promising recommendations and researchers and practitioners alike acknowledge that real solutions must match the complexity of the problem. Comprehensive approaches that target environmental, economic, socio-cultural, and knowledge-based factors that influence diet and physical activity are highly recommended.
Download count: 0
- public health
- Childhood Obesity
- intervention research
- playground intervention
- solution-oriented research
- transformational sustainability research
- Playgrounds--Arizona--Phoenix--Design and construction--Citizen participation.
- Obesity in children--Arizona--Phoenix--Prevention.
- Obesity in children
- Overweight children--Health and hygiene--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Overweight children
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 66-71)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Sustainability