This study looked at ways of understanding how schoolyards might act as meaningful places in children's developing sense of identity and possibility. Photographs and other images such as historical photographs and maps were used to look at how built environments outside of school reflect demographic and social differences within one southwest city.
Download count: 0
- Educational Psychology
- Sociology Of Education
- Critical Mapping
- Hidden Curriculum
- Materiality of Schooling
- Qualitative Methods
- Social Reproduction
- Visual Methods
- Schools--Social aspects--Arizona--Tempe.
- School environment--Social aspects--Arizona--Tempe.
- School environment
- Educational anthropology--Arizona--Tempe.
- Educational anthropology
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 110-116)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational psychology