The theory of learning centered academic advising states that the purpose of advising is to teach undergraduate students about the logic and purpose of their education. Previous scholarship on learning centered advising has focused on the theoretical or on implementation by faculty at small colleges and universities. Methods for supporting learning centered advising in other contexts are lacking.
Download count: 0
- Education (Higher)
- Higher Education Administration
- Academic advising
- Action Research
- learning centered academic advising
- Mixed Methods
- Professional Development
- Counseling in higher education--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area--Case studies.
- Counseling in higher education
- Faculty advisors--In-service training--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area--Case studies.
- Faculty advisors
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 97-102)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Leadership and innovation