In this document I detail the inception of the community service learning program, Flashback, that I created for Actor's Youth Theatre of Mesa Arizona. I first provide the organization's history and then expound upon my beliefs and how the ASU theatre for youth program, along with the needs of AYT, led me to create the program. I then describe the goals and processes of implementing the community based project. I also define service learning and why the program was designed around its principles.
Download count: 0
- Social Work
- Community Based Theater
- Devising Theater for Youth
- Service Learning
- Youth Theater
- Theater and youth--Arizona--Mesa.
- Theater and youth
- Student volunteers in social service--Arizona--Mesa.
- Student volunteers in social service
- Theater in community development--Arizona--Mesa.
- Theater in community development
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 47-48)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Theater