Background: The shortage of available dietetic internship (DI) positions for qualified applicants threatens the future of dietetics. Only about half of all applicants will obtain a slot. Additional internship positions are needed and can be offered only if more practitioners become preceptors. Objective: To examine the perceptions associated with the role of DI preceptor among nutrition and dietetic practitioners and identify barriers and motivators to becoming a DI preceptor in Arizona.
Download count: 0
- Medicine--Study and teaching (Preceptorship)--Arizona.
- Dietetics--Study and teaching (Internship)--Arizona.
- Diet therapy--Study and teaching (Internship)--Arizona.
- Diet therapy
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 79-80)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Nutrition