In the next decade, community college English departments will expand their developmental course offerings. The students who take these developmental courses generally have higher incidence of diagnosed learnin g disabilities, bleak economic circumstances that require them to work full time, greater dependence on public transporation, and some level of frustration and confusion about being placed in a non-credit course despite graduating from high school.
Download count: 0
- Educational evaluation
- Teacher Education
- Education (Higher)
- community college
- Basic writing (Remedial education)
- Developmental studies programs
- Effective teaching
- English language--Study and teaching (Higher)
- Community college students--Attitudes.
- Community college students
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 57-67)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies